Hello dear friends! I am coming to you from my MIL (endearing shorthand for mother-in-law)’s recliner where I lay immobile. It has been roughly 6 months since I’ve felt this awful. It all started with the migraines. I have had a migraine with no relief for about 4 days now. It has let up a little but only because the pain sensor has been sent to another location…my lower back!
The other night my entire head was pounding so hard that I wished for death. I’m not using hyperbole here either. I told my husband (eesh the first time I’m writing HUSBAND) that I wanted him to put me out of my misery. The emotional strength it takes to stay positive and not turn depressed and bitter…He guided me to a hot bath and sat next to the tub giving me pets in complete darkness. If it wasn’t for the marvelous invention of hot water and a tub, I’d be down for the count. The relief I get from the tub is only temporary, but it does offer me enough of it to get to sleep.
So migraines are not a new part of my life. I have over 15 headaches a month. It’s chronic, and it’s something I’ve had to take very seriously. I’ve said this before but unfortunately, I am without health insurance at the moment and cannot go get the tests I need in order to get the relief I need. So here I am, making due. Spirits up!
On top of that, I either have a cold, or my allergies have been flaring up terribly, and I’ve been unable to breathe, and I re-injured my lower back for the thousandth time. Thus why I am immobile. Last time it took over a month to heal and I was bedridden for most of that time. Here is hoping for a faster recovery.
I wanted to give a more positive health update, but what can you do.
-I’ve been drinking all the Traditional Medicines tea. This is my favorite brand of tea because I notice how I feel so much better after having it.
– I already read like crazy, but I’ve been soaking up books and audiobooks. I’m currently reading The Hate U Give and listening to an Agatha Raisin Cozy.
– My heating pad. I would be lost without that little guy.
– A Rose Quartz roller. Do I believe these magically make your skin perfect? No…but it’s always cold and feels so refreshing on my skin.
– Bone Broth. I mix it with some veggies and then add all the spices and herbs. Garlic, Ginger, Rosemary, Paprika, and Tumeric are the best.
– I’m currently marathoning The Golden Girls and Castle Rock. I think it’s important to have a good show you look forward to watching and can find comfort in.
– I’ve been writing! I use the Forest app for productivity and help plant real trees. I’ve been doing a lot of free writing but also working on a novella.